December 1, 2009

Hard Candy so far...

Hey guys :D

So, I've picked up a few things from the new Hard Candy, exclusively at Wal-Mart. Overall, the products are really affordable and the packing is too cute for words. But yeah, let me review a few of the things I've picked up so far:

Take Me Out Liners

Notice anything special about this liner? It's a chop stick! I know, adorable! Either way, these come in a variety of colors, I think 8? I'm not sure, but I picked these up in Chop Suey (The aqua blue you see) and Ahi (Lime Green). The thought of having these colorful liners excited me! However, I have to sadly say, I'm a little disappointed. They're a kohl pencil, so, the staying power isn't that great, although the color payoff is. So, it's kind of like you take one to get one I guess? For $5 though, I don't regret them and will continue to use them.

Blush Crush Baked Blush
I really loved this product. It's marbleized like a lot of newer blush and bronzers are, which really draws you in. Now, I've never owned any of the MAC Mineral Skinfinishes, however, I feel this gives me the same type of finish. I have mine in Pin Up, which is the one in the picture, it's more of an apricot-highlighter blush/bronzer. They make these in much more brown and pink shades however. You can use this wet or dry pending on the effect you want, but I love the finish! They are a little on the hard to build side, but it's perfect for what I want. I used this wet as an eyeshadow and I loved it too! $7 well spent :D

Foiled Again Metallic Shadow Stick
I'm a major sucker for anything silver, gold, copper, or bronze, so, when I saw these, I picked up two -- Ecstacy(pictured), a copper color, and glimmer, a bright silver. These make excellent eyeshadow bases, or, if you're in a rush, just a swipe of color. They can be a bit stiff on the eye, but I prefer applying them directly than with a brush. But for $6, I'll probably pick up a few more.

I did get a few more Hard Candy products, but I'll save that for part II tomorrow! Stay tuned!

Josh <3

No comments:

Post a Comment