January 14, 2011

Review: NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Palettes.

Hey guys!

So, I was fumbling through my stash and I realized I never reviewed my NYX 10 Shadow Palettes. I'm going to give you a bit of a spoiler before I go into details: I love these things!

I've got two of these: Champagne & Caviar and Smokey Eyes. Here are pictures of both of them:


So, obviously both of these palettes come with 10 colors, the Smokey eye palette being a mostly gray/silver based palette and the Champagne & Caviar palette is a very neutral based palette. Both palettes contain mostly satin shades, but there are a few mattes and frosts in both. All of the shadows blend very well and there are many many ways to wear all of these colors. The colors in the Champagne & Caviar palette actually makes for a nice smokey palette as well, with the matte black and dark brown included (The black is what MAC's Carbon should be like, however, carbon is dry and flakey)

If you're not a fan of super dark shades, I'm definitely go with the Champagne & Caviar palette. You can go from very neutral looks to very dramatic all with one palette. I can easily see myself using this palette for everything from bridal to editorial looks. I picked up my palettes at Ulta for a mere $11 -- the price of one MAC Shadow in the pan form. So, if you're looking to go neutral, give these a shot. I even reach for this more than my Coastal Scents Warm Palette (88 shades of neutral colors for the most part).

-- Josh <3

No comments:

Post a Comment