February 28, 2010

5 Forgotten Beauty Stash Favorites!

I decided since I was off today I was going to go through my makeup drawers and find some products I hadn't used in a while and give them a go.

Why don't I do this more often? It was like rediscovering my favorites all over again! Shopping your stash can be fun! Here's what I found I had that I still love:

1. Everyday Mineral Multi-Tasking Concealer
What is there not to love about this product? This is a concealer for fair to light skin tone, but I believe EDM makes a version for each skintone. This is perfect to apply over any discoloration or blemishes that my mineral foundation didn't cover. This product makes me feel like I can actually wear mineral makeup and not feel naked.

2. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Towne Car
I'm someone who loves very dark shadows, as I've been known to reach for my MAC Carbon a few times a week. This provides the perfect dark base for these shadows just to give the color a much more intense look. Though this product is discontinued, I feel like what I have will last me a while.

3. L'Oreal HIP Illuminating Highlighter in Twinkling
If I'm feeling lazy and what a more polished look, I reach for this. The light side provides the perfect highlight with just a few pats of a finger, while the darker side, provides a nice blush, once again, with just a few pats of a finger. This is discontinued, but you can find it on AllCosmeticsWholessale.com for only $3.49!

4. Milani Brow Fix Kit in Light
This kit is perfect for everyone! It comes with a highlight, two different brow shades, since the inner part of your brows should be a light shade than the outer part, an angled brush, a sponge applicator, tweezers, and a mirror. Talk about brows on the go! I believe this is only around $6 too!
5. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
For as cheap as this is, it works pretty much as effectively as my Urban Decay DeSlick powder, without the cute packaging. This powder is perfect for Summer when I'm oily beyond belief and I need something as dry as the desert to keep me matte. I don't use it in the winter when I do have a dry patch or two, but all other times of the year, I keep it on me daily.

And there you have it! I think I'll be shopping at home more often -- hopefully leaving the credit card behind of course!

Josh <3

No comments:

Post a Comment