January 31, 2010

Review: Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Products.

Hey everyone!

So, I just wanted to do a quick review on some of the new Physician's Formula products. On a local haul, I picked up the new Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer and Powder Foundation.


Alrighty, so, the big point with the Healthy Wear products are that they contain SPF 50. That's right, SPF 50. So, as soon as I saw this, this NC15 shopper knew what he needed. Anyway, both products retail for $14-$16 pending on where you get them. I got the Powder Foundation in Translucent Light, the lightest neutral-warm color, and I got the Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory to Fair, the lightest color.

Starting with the powder, it's a very light, buildable, light to medium coverage powder. It's not very dry, which I love, and it's excellent over something like a sheer or light foundation to get the extra bit of coverage while setting your foundation. The compact is adorable and comes with a sponge, which I didn't try to use. Do I like it? Yes. :D

The Tinted Moisturizer is a light to light-medium coverage, which is surprising due to the nature of a tinted moisturizer. It's a little on the thick side and not the easiest to blend, but when it dries, it does dry to a dewy finish. The product itself isn't bad, however, the color was the worst part. As I said before, I had this in Ivory to Fair, however, if I had to place the color, it was probably NC 30 in MAC. I bought the Tinted Moisturizer not the Bronzing Powder, right? Yeah, so, this ended up going back.

Overall, I'd highly recommend the powder foundation and I wouldn't tell someone not to buy the tinted moisturizer, unless their fair-skinned, which is pretty likely of a Physician's Formula shopper, so, they should try and fix this.

I hope this helps everyone! You know Summer is around the corner. :]

Josh <3

No comments:

Post a Comment