January 17, 2010

Review - Rimmel's The Max Volume Flash Mascara.

Hey everyone!

So, I've been giving ANOTHER mascara a try. This time around it's Rimmel's The Max Volume Flash.

So, I got this Mascara at Walgreens, or work for me, when they were having Rimmel Eye Cosmetics for 50% off, so, it was less than $4 at the time. So, it's a very cheap mascara when you buy it at the right time, otherwise, it retails for about $6-$8. The first thing everyone notices about the mascara is the bright pink and gold tube, tacky to some, adorable to me. :D

This mascara promises up to 14x the volume. I have mine in Extreme Black and it is a very deep black, which I like. The brush is a very big wire brush, similar to Maybelline's Full and Soft, however, the spacing of the bristles is bigger and therefore there are less bristles. This formula is very shiny and moderately wet, so, it's surprisingly not very thick, like most volumizing formulas.

What kind of results do I get with this? I get thick, long, dark lashes. This mascara surprisingly doesn't clump on the first coat, but with additional coats, it can, and it seems to weigh my lashes down later in the day. So, I doubt I'd buy it again, but I'll gladly use it up for now since it's not a bad mascara. If you have shorter, curly lashes or you curl your lashes, I feel like this mascara would be great for you.

I hope this helps!

Josh <3

No comments:

Post a Comment